The options on this tab let you change the report or graph layout and hide or display certain types of information. Not all options are available for all reports and graphs.
- Title – Enter a different title. Quicken displays and prints the report or graph with this new title. Row headings (summary and comparison reports only) Select category, class, payee, or account names as row headings for the report.
- Row headings (summary and comparison reports only) – Select category, class, payee, or account names as row headings for the report.
- Column headings (summary and comparison reports, and budget report and graph only) – Select to create a report or graph with separate columns for each time period (such as each week or each month), or for each category, class, payee, or account. If you select Don't Subtotal, Quicken creates the report with a single column.
- Subtotal by (transaction and investment reports) – Select to group and total transactions by time period (such as each week or each month), or by category, class, payee, account, or tax schedule, or to group and total securities by time period, account, security, security type, investing goal, or asset class.
- Interval (account balance, net worth, portfolio value and cost basis, and balance sheet reports) – Select to create a column and total account balances for a time period (such as each week or each month). If you select None, the report includes one total for account balances based on the ending date you enter at the top of the window.
- Sort by (transaction reports only) – Change the order of transactions in the report. Your options are:
|Option ||Result |
|Account/Date ||Sorts first by account type, then by account name, and then by date. |
|Date/Account ||Sorts first by date, then by account type, and then by account name. |
|Account/Check# ||Sorts first by account type, then by account name, and then by check number. |
|Amount ||Sorts from smallest amount to largest. |
|Payee ||Sorts alphabetically by payee name. |
|Category ||Sorts alphabetically by category. |
- Organization – Select the groups and totals that make up the report or graph. Your options are:
|Option ||Result |
|Income & Expense ||Totals income, expense, and transfer transactions in separate sections of your report. |
|Cash Flow Basis ||Groups and totals inflows and outflows (including expenses and transfers out of the account). For example, if you have an asset account called House, and you treat home improvement transactions as transfers to that account, selecting Cash Flow Basis lets you treat those transfers as spending, giving you a more accurate picture of your total expenditures. |
|Category Group (budget, comparison, and summary reports) ||Groups and totals amounts by category group instead of inflows and outflows. |
- Currency – If you have enabled multicurrency support, you can select the currency you want to use for your report or graph. All monetary amounts will be converted to the selected currency, based on the exchange rate defined in the Currency list.
To enable multicurrency support, choose Edit menu > Preferences. Under Setup, select Calendar and currency, and then select the Multicurrency support check box.
- Cents (no rounding) – Select this check box to display amounts in dollars and cents, or click to clear the check box to display amounts in dollars. If you display amounts in dollars, Quicken rounds to the nearest dollar.
- Totals only – Select this check box to display only the total dollar amount of all related transactions, or click to clear the check box to list all related transactions as individual transactions. For example, if you have a category such as Auto that has three subcategories such as Gas, Insurance, and Repairs, selecting this check box displays one total amount for the category and the three subcategories. On the other hand, if you click to clear this check box, Quicken displays four amounts, one for the category and one for each of the three related subcategories.
- Amount as % (summary reports) – Select this check box to see each summary amount as a percentage of the total amount, or click to clear the check box to see total amounts only (in dollars and cents).
- Difference as % (comparison reports) – Select this check box to see the difference between the two column amounts as a percentage of the first column amount. (Negative amounts are shown in red.) Click to clear the check box to hide the percentage differences.
- Difference in $ (comparison reports) – Select this check box to see the dollar difference between the two column amounts. (Negative amounts are shown in red.) Click to clear the check box to hide the dollar differences.
- Account detail (balance sheet, net worth, and account balance reports) – Select this check box to have Quicken display subtotals by class for all selected accounts (or by security if it's an investment account). Click to clear the check box to omit subtotals by class (or security) for all selected accounts.
If you select many accounts with a number of classes or securities, Quicken may take longer to generate a report with account detail.