Deactivating an account's online banking service permanently removes it from One Step Update (unless you later reactivate). In certain cases you'll need to deactivate an online banking service that uses a specific connection method and then reactivate using a different connection method in order to use specific online payment service providers. Additional help that compares the different connection methods is available.
Note: If you have an investment account that is linked to a cash account, you need to deactivate the online services from the investment account. When the online services are deactivated for the investment account, online services for the linked cash account are also deactivated.
- Select the Tools menu and select Account List. The Account List window opens.
- Select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit. The Account Details window opens.
- Click the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate (Remove from One Step Update in older versions) next to the service you want to disable.
- Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. Note: If you do not receive this message, additional information is available below.
- Click OK to the confirmation message. The Account Details window is refreshed, and the service is listed as Available.
- Contact your financial institution to cancel the online services.
Note: If your financial institution charges a fee for online services in Quicken, you need to cancel the services by contacting your financial institution. Deactivating the account in Quicken will not normally stop the service fee.
What if Quicken tells me to accept downloaded transactions before deactivating online services?
Quicken will not deactivate online services if you have not accepted all downloaded transactions. Verify that you have accepted all transactions.
- Open the account register and select the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register. If there are not any transactions listed, skip to step 3.
- Accept all transactions and then follow the steps above to deactivate online services.
- Select the Online menu and select Online Center.
- Select the appropriate financial institution and account.
- Select Transactions.
- If transactions are listed, click Compare to Register and accept the transactions.
- If no transactions are listed or Compare to Register does not allow you to accept the transactions, additional information is available on the support site.