When using Online Services, you may receive the following message:
[Error CC-503] The login information entered in Quicken is incorrect. If you recently changed your password enter it into Quicken.
Quicken was unable to update your accounts because the login information is incorrect.
This error is typically caused by either of the following:
- Incorrect or invalid sign in credentials stored in Quicken and/or your Express Web Connect database.
- If your password doesn't meet the requirements posted on your financial institutions website. A good example of this is a requirement that the password contain between 8-12 characters, but you enter 13 characters. Your bank's website has the ability to simply stop "reading" the characters at 12 (ignoring the 13th) but Quicken must hard-stop at that 12th character.
Before proceeding any further with this article, please follow the steps below to ensure that the correct credentials are stored.
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A);
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List;
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate on the Online Services tab;
- When finished, close the Account List;
- Go to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate file, to ensure there's no lingering problems with Online Settings, displayed as QEL Records in the Data_Log.txt presented at the end of the Validate process;
- Close, then re-Open Quicken;
- Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view;
- Walk through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented, UNTIL you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution;
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
When this process is complete, you will receive the most currently available data from your financial institution.