- Investment account transactions
Quicken Essentials gives you the ability to track the total value of the holdings in your investment accounts, but it does not track individual transactions. When you convert your data, Quicken Essentials will create an account for each of the investment accounts you have in your old data file. But it will not carry over the transactions. Instead, the balance for the new account will be 0.00 until you do an online update, at which point Quicken Essentials will update the balance to the current balance for that account.
- Custom reports
Quicken Essentials will not import any custom reports you created in your old data file.
- Online banking passwords (Quicken for Mac and Windows)
You will have to re-enter your passwords the first time you update your accounts in Quicken Essentials.
- Online banking information (Microsoft Money)
If you have Microsoft Money, you will have to set up your accounts for statement download in Quicken Essentials.
- Data from the more advanced features in Quicken for Mac and Windows
For example, the following data is not imported: business data, rental property data, lifetime planner data, cash flow forecast data, budget data, spending plan data, debt reduction data, emergency tax records data, tax planner data, and home inventory manager data.
If you are converting from an older version of Mac. . .
As much as we improved the experience of using Quicken when we rebuilt it from the ground up, there are some features you may have been used to using in Quicken for Mac (or Quicken for Windows) that are not include in this version of Quicken Essentials.
- Investments: Quicken Essentials lets you to track the overall value of your investment accounts and the value of specific holdings, but the software does not track individual buys and sells, nor will it provide some advanced investment performance reports.
- Direct bill pay: You can track your bills in Quicken Essentials, but the program doesn't have the direct bill pay capabilities that allow you to pay your bills directly from the program.
- Other advanced features: Quicken Essentials does not include many of the advanced features in other versions of Quicken, including Business features, Rental Property, lifetime planner, cash flow forecast, spending plan, debt reduction plan, emergency tax records, tax planner, and home inventory manager.