NOTICE: This issue is resolved with the R10 patch release. If you have not already done so, please update to the latest release of Quicken 2013.
After installing the 12/19/2012 R9 Patch Release, you may see several years of transaction data appearing in your accounts or in the Compare to Register (C2R) window to be Matched/Accepted after a One Step Update.
We have confirmed that the transactions are NOT being downloaded as part of the One Step Update. Instead these are older transactions in your Quicken data file, where the "Match" status was not set or changed. During the One Step Update, these transactions were presented to be accepted or matched in the registers, and will need to be deleted. Please see below for steps to resolve this issue.
To resolve this issue, please complete the following steps:
If you have not already done so, please make sure you update your Quicken 2013 product to the latest release. This release will NOT resolve for the transactions already appearing in your register. If the transactions already appear in your register, you can either restore a backup after the R10 Release is installed, or complete the instructions below.
- Open the account, and if not already done, click "Accept All".
- Click on the Actions (Gear) button at the top right corner of the register, and choose "Sorting options > by Order Entered". Be sure to note the current sort option you are currently using (default is by Date).
- Locate the transactions at the end of the register, and then select (highlight) the first transaction to be deleted.
- Scroll to the last transaction to be deleted, and hold down the Shift key, then select (highlight) the last transaction. (All of the transactions to be deleted should now be selected)
- From the Edit menu, choose Transaction > Delete or press Ctrl+D.
- Click Yes to delete the transactions.
- Repeat step 2 to reset the sort order of your register back to your desired sort order.
- In you haven't already done so, accept all of the investment transactions
- From the Menu Bar, select Reports > Banking > Transaction
- Click the Customize button at the top right corner of the report window
- Select the Accounts tab, and select only the investment accounts you want to delete the transactions from, then click OK.
- Select (highlight) the transactions to be deleted using the Shift key to select a range of transactions at a time
- Click the Edit button in the upper left corner of the report, and choose "Delete transaction(s)".
- Click OK to confirm that you want to delete the selected transactions.