You may receive the following message while using online services in Quicken:
Wait and try again later
Try updating your account the next business day. If the problem persists, continue with the procedure below.
Update Quicken's financial institution information
Quicken maintains information about how online services for your financial institution works in Quicken. If your financial institution has recently merged or made other changes to their online services you may need to update the information in Quicken.
- Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
- Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop down list.
- Hold down CTRL+F3 on your keyboard and click Contact Info at the top of the Online Center.
- Select the financial institution you want to update and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under current status as "needs updating."
- Click OK, and then click Update/Send.
- Enter your password, if necessary, and then click Update Now to start the update and get the latest branding and profile information for the financial institution.
- Try updating your accounts again. If the problem persists, continue with the procedure below.
Account information not syncing properly
This error can be caused by activating an account or service in Quicken that is not activated at your financial institution or has different information than what your financial institution's processing server is expecting, such as Account/Routing numbers, Customer ID, and/or Account Type (checking vs. money market, brokerage vs. retirement, etc.).
Quicken support cannot resolve this issue -- they do not have access to the financial institution's servers and the customer account information held on them necessary to confirm Quicken has the right information.
- Does your financial institution require different login credentials in Quicken than what is used to access your accounts on their website?
- If you have chosen add your banks bill pay service in Quicken, have you confirmed this service is available on your accounts at the FI?
- If you log into your financial institution's website, are you able to access Account Detail or Transaction Detail or other similarly named account information?
- If you receive this error during Add Account (Account Setup), are you selecting the correct account type?
- Some banks use Checking for Money Market accounts, while others use Savings.
- If this is an investing account, have you chosen the correct selection for the transactions? - ex: 401k vs. IRA, Broker vs. 401k, etc.
- Has your financial institution recently gone through a change in service, branch or name?
- Confirm you're using the correct routing number.
- Confirm you're attempting to connect to the new financial institution name with your existing account.