This error occurs when your financial institution has added either a new page to its web site or a pop-up window that requires your action to bypass. For example, your financial institution may be prompting you to update your personal contact information or displaying promotional material such as credit card offers.
Ensure you are on the latest release of Quicken
- On the Quicken toolbar, click the Update button (or select Tools on the menu bar, then choose One Step Update).
- Click Update Now.
- If an update to Quicken is available, Quicken displays a window that describes what's in the update, as well as brief instructions for downloading the update.
- You'll need to exit Quicken to run the update program.
- When you exit, all your work is saved, and you can resume working as soon as the update finishes.
Refresh your online account information
- From your account register:
- In Quicken 2013: Select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
- In Quicken 2012 and older: click on Account Actions
- Then select Update Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Repeat these steps for each financial institution experiencing this error.
Refresh your online account information once again
- Log in to your financial institution's Web site.
- Navigate to the page you download your account information from.
- When you encounter the new web page that requires your response, fill out the requested information and dismiss the screen. If you have the option to not display the page or ask you again, select that option. If you do not select the option to not ask you again, the error may continue to occur.
If the above steps failed to resolve your error
- Close Quicken.
- Clear Internet Explorer History & Cookies.
- Log into the financial institution website and accept Cookies and any security measures, as requested by the site.
- Open Quicken and try your update again.
Note: If Internet Explorer > Security level is set too high, it may prevent your system from storing the cookies and security necessary to continue functioning with your financial institution. Medium security level should be sufficient to store the cookies and security. You can re-elevate the security level after a successful connection with your financial institution. If the financial institution uses expiring (session) cookies or expiring security, you may have to repeat these steps each time the cookies/security expire.
Your financial institution cannot resolve this issue. If you need assistance, contact Quicken Help & Support.