Due to changes on Barclays servers for their credit card accounts, it will be necessary to deactivate then reactivate accounts in Quicken to properly identify these accounts with the new/changed information. These changes, occurring over several months, include:
- New account number format
- Website migration
- New security process
- Deactivate all Barclays credit card accounts, including Hidden Accounts.
- Reactivate your current, active credit card account(s) held at Barclays.
QUICKEN ESSENTIALS MAC:
Deactivating your accounts
- Click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken Essentials.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Remove the checkmark next to I Want To Download Transactions.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the above steps for each account, until they are all deactivated.
Reactivating your accounts
- Select Accounts menu > New > Account Type.
- Enter Barclays Bank Delaware, and click Continue.
- Enter your login credentials, and then click Continue.
- Answer the security questions, and then click Continue.
- Once Quicken has discovered your list of accounts, you will have the option to link them to the existing accounts already in Quicken.
- In the Action column of the Accounts Found window, select the appropriate existing account to link.
- In the Type column, choose the correct account type for each account from the drop-down selections.
- Once you have linked all existing accounts for this bank, click on Continue to complete the activation process for your accounts, and then click Finish.
Resolving Errors That May Occur:
- 103 or CC-503 - Invalid login, typically password - see GEN82557
- 108 or CC-508 - User Action required at the website, typically a pop-up message or registration of account required - see GEN82560
- 185 or CC-585 - Missing security/MFA - see GEN82561
- 187 or CC-587 - Incorrect answer to security/MFA - see GEN82787
- 324 or CC-501 - Account number changed at the FI website - see GEN82872
- 106 or CC-506 - Account name changed at the FI website - see GEN82558
- CC-899 - Time Out due to problems connecting to the FI servers - see GEN83194