QXF (Quicken Transfer Format) is a file format used to share data between Intuit products. Here are some important things to know about QXF:
- The import and export of data using the QXF file format is limited to the transactions, scheduled transactions, categories, and tags of non-investment accounts. The import and export of investment transactions, budgets, attachments, reports, or application settings is not supported.
- Just one import of a QXF file is possible into any single Quicken Essentials for Mac data file.
- Quicken Essentials for Mac v1.5.2 is the only Intuit product that supports the import and export of QXF files. Earlier releases of Quicken Essentials only supported importing.
To export a QXF file
- Choose File > Export > Export to QXF File...
- Name the file appropriately and choose a location to save it.
- Click Save.
To import a QXF file
- Choose File > Import, and the select the .QXF file.
Importing a QXF file in an existing data file
When importing a QXF file, it's possible that one or more accounts in the QXF file already exist in the destination data file. If this is the case, Quicken will not attempt to merge the transactions in these duplicate accounts. Instead, Quicken will create a new account in the destination file for each duplicate account found in the QXF file, and then import the transactions into the newly created accounts. Afterward, you can decide what to do: copy the transactions from the newly created accounts into the existing accounts, or use the new accounts moving forward.
To move transactions between accounts
- Open the registers of the two accounts you want to copy transactions between. To do so, double-click the account names in the Accounts section of the sidebar.
- Select one or more transactions in the source register.
- Drag them into the destination register.