Make sure that your Quicken program has been updated to the latest release before proceeding with any possible solution.
Does your system play any sounds outside of Quicken?
- Test an audio file or CD
- Test your Windows sounds from the Control Panel
- Make sure your audio or speakers are not muted
If no sounds play outside of Quicken, see your operating systems Help for instructions, or contact your system or sound card manufacturer for further assistance.
If you're able to hear Windows sounds and audio files, continue with these other possible solutions:
Turn on the Quicken Sounds Preference
- From the Quicken Edit menu, choose Preferences.
- Select Setup.
- Select the Turn on Quicken sounds checkbox.
- Click OK.
Copy the Quicken Sounds folder to a different location
- Browse to your Quicken install directory
- If you're unsure of that location, right-click the icon you use to launch Quicken and choose Properties then click the Find Target (or Open File Location) button
- Right click the Sounds folder and choose Copy
- Browse to one of the following folders
- Quicken folder where your data file resides
- Right click the folder and choose Paste