When setting up an account in Quicken, you may find the word "Ignore" on the Add Account screen after entering your account credentials.
- The account you are attempting to add has already been created in Quicken, although the account is set to hidden. You are unable to add duplicate accounts.
- There is damage to the online settings portion of your Quicken Data File.
- The account is of a type that is not supported in Quicken at this time (Loans/Mortgages, HSA, etc.).
If you would like to unhide this account:
- Go to the Tools menu and choose Account List.
- At the bottom, uncheck Show hidden accounts. This will only be visible if at least one account is hidden.
- Click on Edit to the right of the account with a check mark in the Hidden column.
- Click on the Display Options tab and uncheck the box or boxes under Hide or Show Accounts.
- If you'd like to add this account to One Step Update, click on the Online Services tab and choose Activate One Step Update and enter your credentials as necessary.
To resolve possible file damage:
- Make a backup of your file, as a safety net.
- Go to File > File Operations > Validate (Quicken 2010) or Validate & Repair (Quicken 2011 & newer).
- If prompted, select your Quicken Data File and click OK.
- Restart Quicken (close, then reopen).
- Attempt the Add Account process again.