If you are currently connecting with Wachovia Bank and need to migrate to Wells Fargo, please follow the steps below.
If you live in Delaware or New Jersey follow the instructions below for your operating system and connection type.
For all other states, use the following instructions.
Quicken Desktop for Express Web Connect (EWC):
If your accounts have moved from Wachovia to Wells Fargo, you need to take the following action to continue downloading your account activity with your desktop financial management software:
- Log in at Wachovia Online Banking, and follow the brief enrollment steps to obtain your Wells Fargo Online Banking credentials.
- Then, go to wellsfargo.com/softwaresettings. Choose your desktop financial management software from the list and follow the step-by-step instructions for updating your software to Wells Fargo. (You will be able to continue using the same account register you used at Wachovia).
Questions? Call us at (800) 950-2296, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Quicken Essentials for Mac
At this time, Quicken Essentials for Mac only supports transaction downloads from Wells Fargo/Wachovia accounts via Quicken Connect or Web Connect. QEMac does not currently support Direct Connect for Wells Fargo. This means that the following features are not available:
- Bill Pay and Transfers from Quicken
- Secure messaging / bank e-mail
These features may be added in a future patch or release.
Converting from Wachovia Bank to Wells Fargo in Quicken Essentials
- Any account changes in Quicken Essentials are managed from the Account Settings screen. Select an account from the left side, and then click on the Settings button in the bottom right – you may not have this button visible. In that case, go to the Accounts menu, and select Settings.
- At the bottom of the settings dialog, there is a section with the header At your financial institution. The box I want to download transactions should be checked already, and the Financial Institution field should read Wachovia Bank. The Connection Type could be Web Connect, Direct Connect, or Quicken Connect.
- To change to Wells Fargo, click the List button next to the financial institution name. This will bring up the bank list screen. Search for Wells Fargo, and select the appropriate entry (most likely it will be Wells Fargo – Web Connect), then click Continue. Note that QEMac does not currently support Direct Connect for Wells Fargo, so any Wachovia Direct Connect users will need to switch to either Quicken Connect or Web Connect.
- Select the desired Connection Type, then click Save in the bottom right of the Settings screen. The next time the user updates, if they are using Quicken Connect, they will see a screen asking for their Wells Fargo login credentials. See Quicken Connect training for more details on troubleshooting issues with Quicken Connect.